We’ve all been there. After spending time to meticulously measure the material that needs to be cut over and over, making sure that it’s just right, disaster strikes at the table saw. Maybe the blade was wobbly, maybe the measurement was off, maybe the saw was just old, but for some reason or other, the cut came out completely wrong. It’s back to square one. Tired of scenarios like this stretching out an otherwise simple project? We’ve gone out to find the best table saw money can buy.
1. What Is a Table Saw Used For?
A table saw is a type of saw that is primarily used to cut wood. It is electric, meaning that the operator merely needs to press a button or flip a switch to begin using it. this eliminates the labor required for a handsaw, and, furthermore, it can cut things that simply couldn’t be cut otherwise. Most are built with safety features, ranging from blade guards to more advanced technologies that stop the blade the moment it contacts human skin, lessening greatly what could have been a disastrous situation. Table saws can be found in professional shops where woodworking is done, as well as garages or worksheds of those who woodwork as a hobby. It is mounted on a table or bench that is sometimes portable, giving it the name “table” saw.
2. Which Is the Best Table Saw?
Is there an end-all be-all table saw that trumps them all? The short answer is no, however, there are some options that are better than others. People have different preferences, so, depending on what you like or need, there may be a saw that is more suitable for you than for another. Luckily, there’s a plethora of fantastic table saws out there, discussed in detail below, each with different specifications so you can find the one that best suits your needs. If you’re an at-home worker, you don’t need to expect to shell out thousands of dollars to get a decent saw. Likewise, if you are a professional looking for a saw to reside in your shop, your needs and options may be a little different.
3. Is There Really That Much Difference Between Table Saws?
If you asked a trained pianist if there was a difference between pianos, they’d tell you yes. The same goes for saws. While the overall function may be the same, as the notes on a piano are, the difference comes in the user experience. Some saws are bulkier, some are more compact. The feel of the saw will vary depending on which one you use, and the best table saw for you depends on what you like and need. Again, there is a difference between the needs of a professional and a hobbyist. Knowing what you need out of your saw will help you find the one most suitable for you.
4. Are More Expensive Saws Better?
While there is some element of getting what you pay for, you shouldn’t feel like you need to shell out an incredible amount of money to get a decent saw. A lot of it depends on your needs as an individual. While Joe down at the scene shop might swear that the most expensive saw is the best table saw you can get, your neighbor working out of his garage could get the perfect results he needs with a less expensive, but still decent, table saw. This doesn’t mean that Joe is wrong, it just means that his needs might not match yours. More expensive table saws are typically bigger, which might not be what you want if you’re working out of your garage. Understanding your needs and what you want out of your saw, as well as the level of work you will be doing on it, will help you determine which is the best table saw for you.
5. Do I Need a Table Saw For My Workshop
A table saw is an elemental part of any workshop, especially one where woodworking is a major function. While it may seem like a big investment, the time and accuracy you will be given back is priceless. There are some cuts, especially with larger pieces of wood, that require the use of a table saw. Trying to complete one of these cuts without one is not only difficult, but it is also dangerous. The table saw’s built-in safety features, as well as its design, will make your job easier and safer.
How We Reviewed
The following list of best table saws was painstakingly curated for your ease. We did the research for you, so you can get back to the hard work in your workshop. Through a careful study of elements including overall features, pros and cons, price, where they can be bought, and warranty, the best of the best have been compiled below. Each table saw on the market has been crafted with a specific audience in mind, so an awareness of what you are looking for will aid you in your search immensely. The list below contains saws intended for both commercial and at-home or DIY work.
Overall Price Range
Price varies dependent on the product. Again, what you need is determined by the level and amount of work you will be doing. Some table saws on this list go for about $500 on Amazon, while others go for around $170, and some are upwards of $2,000. For reference, other saws, such as a jigsaw, are most commonly between $100 and $200, and a band saw can be anywhere from around $200 to upwards of $1000.
In regards to finding the best table saw, higher priced models might possess a few features that their lower-priced counterparts may not. For example, more expensive table saws are incredibly large, offering much more workspace. In addition, they are more often equipped with state-of-the-art safety features, such as stopping immediately if human skin meets the blade. Less expensive saws offer blade guards for safety, but not the advanced technology of more expensive saws. The best table saw for you can be found within any price range, but features do change depending on price.
What We Reviewed
- Powerful table saw – has 15-Amp saw with 4. 0 max HP and 3, 650 rpm, for rip-cutting and cross-cutting of fine and...
- Dimensions: 37.7" D x 29.4" W x 19.4" H | Product Weight: 110 lb
- Large cast aluminum top – provides increased work space and material support with a 30 In. ripping capacity
This product was made for those who do heavy duty cutting. Completely portable, it comes with a Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand, which makes moving it around to where it’s needed hassle free. A smart guard system ensures the safety of the operator while still providing a clear view of the cut.
Limited 1 year
- Safety features
- Sawdust catching system
- May require table extensions for more workspace
- Difficulty changing blades
No products found.
This saw is great for a woodworker doing mostly at-home projects. Its guarding system provides safety without blocking visibility, and its non-wheeled base makes it a great stationary tool.
- Perfect for at-home projects
- Kickback protector
- Great value
- Breakable on/off switch
- Not meant for commercial use
- Rip fence hard to align
- 22 kilograms unit weight and optimized footprint make this the most portable saw in its class. Shoe bevels 0 to 45 for...
- Steel roll cage protects saw against jobsite drops and impacts, rack and pinion fence system, front and rear fence lock...
- Powerful 1850 Watt motor for high performance in all applications. Max Rip To Left Of Blade 12 inch. Max Rip To Right Of...
This saw is extremely portable. Super accurate and easy to use, it rips through wood with ease.
90 Day Money Back Guarantee, 1 Year Free Service Contract, 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Good for DIY
- Accurate cuts
- Safety features not very reliable
- Miter gauge not great quality
- Heavy duty, yet versatile and light weight for the jobsite, work shop, or cabinet shop
- Most cutting depth of any saw in its class
- Folding fence for extra wide cuts
Great for commercial use, it offers heavy-duty power in a lightweight saw. Mounted on a trolley, it is portable around the job site and includes a laser for adjusting the blade tilt.
Limited 2 Year
- Laser indicator
- Easy to change blades
- Some motors crooked
- Dust bag not very effective
- Wobbly blade
- 36-INCH T-GLIDE FENCE ASSEMBLY: The 36-inch T-Glide Fence & Rail are made of heavy-gauge steel for sure lockdown and...
- SAWSTOP PATENTED SAFETY SYSTEM: Stops a spinning blade on contact with skin. The blade stops in less than 5...
- UNMATCHED QUALITY: The trunnion and arbor are built for precision, strength and stability. The gas piston elevation...
This table saw is great for commercial use. Its claim to fame is its SawStop safety system, which stops the blade the moment a finger touches it.
- Top quality construction
- SawStop safety system
- Easy to adjust to correct measurement
- High price range
- Dust collection
- QUICK-RELEASE RIVING KNIFE Hassle-free riving knife changes.
- POLY-V DRIVE BELT SYSTEM: Delivers efficient, quiet operation.
- PUSH-BUTTON ARBOR LOCK: For rapid blade change.
A great commercial saw, it provides plenty of room to work with a quick release that cuts down the risk of kickback.
- Vacuum hose attachment
- Vacuum hose attachment
- Great cut
- Minor adjusting for the fence
- High price range
- Arbor speed: 4 300 RPM Arbor size: 5/8-Inch; Maximum dado width: 13/16-Inch Maximum rip capacity: 291/2-Inch
- Maximum dado width: 13/16-Inch Maximum rip capacity: 291/2-Inch
- Maximum depth of cut @ 90-Degree: 3-1/8-Inch Maximum depth of cut @ 45-Degree: 2-3/16-Inch
Great commercial saw, cast-iron construction with focus on quality and performance. Quick release riving knife, blade guard, and push stick.
- Easy to adjust
- Cuts effortlessly
- Sturdy and solid
- High price range
- Fence may need minor adjusting
- 20-inch x 26-inch cast aluminum table extends to 20-inch x 32-inch for longer work pieces
- 3-1/2-Inch cut height capacity for cutting through 4x materials
- Heavy-duty steel stand for fast setup and easy transport. Bevel angle range:0° to 47°
Great for an experienced at-home woodworker, this saw is great for multiple kinds of cuts. Rests on a steel stand meant for heavy-duty work.
30 Day Money-Back Guarantee, 1 Year
- Great quality for an affordable price
- Perfect for at-home projects
- Miter not very dependable
- Motor bearing somewhat questionable
- Not very portable
- Powerful 15 AMP motor delivers 4,800 RPM for improved performance
- Large cutting capacity (3-9/16" at 90° and 2-1/2" at 45°) can rip 4x material in one pass; can use up to a 13/16" dado...
- Right extension table allows for greater cutting capacity with the capability to rip 4x8 sheets of plywood
Powerful saw good for commercial use with a blade guard system, measurements are incredibly easy and fast. The blade guard provides safety but does not block visibility.
- Blade Guard System
- Electric brake
- Requires some adjustments
- Fence somewhat flimsy
- SawStop jobsite saw is the new standard in jobsite safety. Now you can have the precision, quality and safety of a...
- The Jobsite Saw's structural rigidity comes from the aluminum tabletop and cast iron trunnion | The saw housing is made...
- Product dimensions | Saw without Cart (body only) – 28” D x 31” W x 15” H | Saw with open cart – 29” D x...
Commercial saw with great mobility. The blade can be raised and lowered with one turn of the handwheel, making for quick adjustments. Contact with human skin activates the safety system.
- Great for commercial use
- High quality
- Some areas made with plastic
- Miter fence somewhat flimsy
- Somewhat hard to transport
Every saw listed is an incredible tool. It has been selected from a huge market, meaning that it is one of the best table saws available. However, there is one that stands above the rest, making it the best table saw. We have based the final verdict on customer reviews, specifications, safety features, and durability. Taking these into consideration, the best table saw, by our verdict, is the SawStop.
The SawStop’s sleek design is made for ease of work, and its expansive surface area provides an immense amount of space. Its incredible technology is also the top tier in safety–the moment it is touched by a finger or human skin, the saw will snap to a halt, minimizing any potential damage. It is fantastic for commercial use, and can be found in numerous shops around the United States.
If you’re looking for something more friendly for at-home or DIY work, the Bosch Power Tools Tablesaw can’t be beat. It surpasses other saws meant for DIY work or at-home woodworking, and its sturdy design guarantees it will last an incredible amount of time. If you’re looking for something even more budget-friendly, the SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw gives a fantastic bang for your buck. Meant for at-home work and DIY projects, it is dependable, provides the sleek surface of professional table saws, and will not disappoint.
Understanding what you need out of your table saw will help you best determine which one is for you, but the list above provides a comprehensive look at the best table saws on the market.
Last update on 2021-02-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API